- 54 new countries added
- Double the coverage in Latin America
- Three times the coverage in the continent of Asia
Afghanistan, Aruba, Bahamas, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Belize, Bermuda, Brunei Darussalam, Bhutan, Bolivia, Cambodia, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Cuba, Ecuador, El Salvador, Fiji, Guatemala, Haiti, Honduras, Indonesia, Iraq, Iran, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Kuwait, Laos, Lebanon, Mexico, Myanmar (Burma), Mongolia, Nepal, Nicaragua, Oman, Pakistan, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Papua New Guinea, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Sri Lanka, Syria, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Timor-Leste, Uruguay, Uzbekistan, Venezuela, Vietnam and Yemen.
(Extracted from Google Maps Mania blog)
So how big is the news for Vietnam? Our thoughts are:
- On maps details: Even with main cities Hanoi, Hochiminh, Nha Trang, Da Nang... supported roads are national level. For example, in Hanoi we can only see national roads such as 1A, 32B, 18... Streets in cities are not yet available :(
- On accuracy: Google maps satellite images and supported roads of Vietnam are not match. Errors at some areas are very large :(
- For us, this news is big news. But we expect a bigger one. From now onward, let's hope for bigger news telling us that most of the streets in main cities of Vietnam are supported...